Endpaper mitt

In the spirit of cleaning up some of my blogging todos, here are the photos and final finishing details of the fingerless mitts that I knitted in sock yarn. In my previous endpaper mitts post I was worried that the yarn would set off my dermographism. Fortunately soaking in warm water with a good shampoo softened them up a lot, although I'm still careful about not wearing them too much at any one time, just in case.

I found a good post on how to block mittens. The template plastic was easy to find in a local quilting store. You can see the template plastic poking out of the mitts in the photos.

Finished Endpaper Mitts Finished Endpaper Mitts

Yarn: Sandnes Garn Sisu, 0.4 skeins (60m) orange and 0.7 skeins (108m) dark green

Needles: US 3 / 3.25 mm

Pattern: endpaper mitts by Eunny Jang

Modifications: none

Comments: I didn't like the suggested Italian tubular cast-on as I couldn't get the tension right. It looks almost ruffled, which just goes to show the problem. Fortunately there are lots of other cast-ons that aren't as hard for me to do properly.

Ravelry link: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/laurendw/endpaper-mitts

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *