I finally finished the seed stitch swatch for TKGA Level 1. It's hard to get an even fabric with no holes. I don't know how many rows total I ripped back to redo because on holding it up to the light I could see some obvious hole. In the end, I found I had to consciously relax, and rotate the stitches on the needle after each stitch to get the right amount of yarn in the knit/purl/knit transitions. It's still not perfect, but I think it's as good as I'm going to get it. Tammy and Louisa did some quality control at our Ravelry knit meeting, which helped my sanity on getting it done. And as soon as I got home I put it in the folder, to make sure no little fingers or sharp claws get to it.
I'll take a photo when it's blocked and post it.
I signed up for TKGA's Master Knitting Level 1. So far it's been more absorbing than I expected, and I'm only doing the swatches! I'll get to the questions and report later. I've been practising cast-ons and increases trying to get them to look right before doing the final swatch. In a way it's a lot freer than knitting a real project, these little swatches don't take long but they do take concentration.
Now I'm wondering whether I'm using the right yarn. The LYS I went into to get yarn only really had Mission Falls 1824 wool in a light-coloured worsted weight superwash, and it doesn't seem to hold the stitch definition very well. And it looks horrible if I need to frog or tink it. I don't have anything light-coloured in worsted weight in my stash; it's all darker or double knitting weight. Or something other than wool, and I want to use superwash wool as it blocks up nicely.
My current plan is to knit a couple more swatches and see how they look after blocking, and if need be I'll redo in something else. And at some stage I need to take some photos and post them and see if I can get comments on how to improve them before submitting...